This post will show you how to generate Favicon for your website free of charge online. Favicon is a good way to brand your site and increase it’s prominence in your visitor’s bookmark menu. You should already know what a Favicon is but if you don’t, keep reading then.
Favicons are small icons, most commonly 16×16 pixels (size), associated with a particular website. A web designer can create such an icon and uploads it to the root folder of a website in the .ico format (not jpg, png, gif, etc) and graphical web browsers will then make use of it. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page’s favicon in the browser’s address bar and next to the page’s name.
This image can be the logo of your company or any image that is yours and you would like to use but it must be 16×16 pixels in size and in the .ico format.
This online tool I’m going to show you will help you convert your image, any image to a favicon from a few clicks.
How to convert your image to favicon.ico
1. Go to http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/
2. Click the file uploader to upload the image from your computer.
The types of image formats this tool supports include: gif, jpg, png, and bmp.
Maximum file size: 150.00 kB.
3. Now select the options provided below it according to your needs and click “Create Icon”.
4. Download the generated file (“favicon.ico”) and upload it to your site’s root folder.
You can confirm if it’s there by typing http://yourdomain.com/favicon.ico in the browser’s location,
where “yourdomain” is your site’s website address.
5. Next, insert the below code in the HEAD section of your pages, at the very least, your site’s main index page:
It might take some time for your favicon to start showing up. In fact, it may take a few days, and in
IE, sometimes the favicon will disappear from
time to time.
Now you should have your own favicon on your website.
Don't keep this to yourself, Share it with your friends with the Buttons below.