You can remove the background of any image and convert the same image to .png format. This is not the only feature offered by this free online image editor but this is the one I wish to write about today. I get emails at times from readers asking me to tell them how to remove background of images using Adobe Photoshop. I don’t want to start writing about Photoshop tutorials now because I’m also still learning. The following are other things you can do with this free online image editor.
The Free Online Image Editor also lets you:
- Resize or Crop your (animated gif) images.
- Add Text to your animated gif images.
- Add Borders, or Merge and Overlay your images.
- Put your image in a Picture Frame or add a Mask.
- Edit your photo online.
- Create round corners on your photos.
- Overlay your images with predefined animations!
- Convert, sharpen, reduce size of your animated gif…
- Create your OWN twinkle stars animation.
- Add your OWN glitters to an image.
- Create your own animations online.
To remove the background of any image and turn it to .png format, follow the following steps:
1. Visit http://www.online-image-editor.com/
2. At the bottom left corner of the site, you will see a section like this:
Click “Browse” to search your desktop for your image. Now Upload it!
You can also choose to upload your image from a URL
Note that you have two options to resize and convert the image as you upload it. Choose the options as you desire but in this tutorial I use 100%
3. Now at the top of the editor area of the site click on “Wizards”, a new Toolbar will appear.
In the new toolbar, click on “Transparency”. You can see that the image I’m using has a white background and I want to make it transparent.
4. Now you have 3 options on the left side of the editor area:
i. Select Transparent Area
ii. Draw Transparent Line
iii. Remove Transparency
Choose the “remove transparency” option
5. Now click on the colour you want to remove in your image. Since you want to remove the background colour, just click anywhere in the background.
Wait for the site to process your request and you new image without background should be rendered like in the image below:
Click “Save” in the toolbar. Now right-click on your image and Save image as… to your desktop.
You are done!
I also once wrote about creating funny photo effects and making fake photos of yourself online. You can create a photo of you on the cover of Forbes magazine, you can create a photo of you on a sign posts and more. You might also want to check that out too.
Don't keep this to yourself, Share it with your friends with the Buttons below.