VLC Beta was released on Monday (02/07/2012), giving Android users a long-awaited experience of VLC player on their devices. A beta version of the app is available on the Google Play Store for Android devices running ARMv7 processors.
Like we all know VLC is a free and open-sourcemultimedia player that can play just about any media file around. If you have ever used it on your PC or Mac, you should really enjoy this one on Android too because it offers an audio and video media library with full search capabilities, and supports subtitles and network streams, including HLS.
• Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC.
• Audio and video media library, with full search.
• Support for network streams, including HLS.
• Supports Android from version 2.1 (platform-7).
• Supports ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv7+NEON.
• Subtitles support, embedded and external, including ASS and DVD subtitles.
• Multi audio or subtitles tracks selection.
• Multi-core decoding, for Cortex-A7 A9 and A15 chips.
• Experimental hardware decoding.
• Gestures, headphones control.
You should note that it is a Beta version made available to the public now and the developers make it clear that it is still an early build and can still be buggy. According to them, it’s unstable and slow, and in much need of performance improvements and a UI face-lift.
I must say that Android users are really enjoying the support of developers and that’s good for them. I can bet that this will come last to Blackberry OS if it ever does. It might even get to the Symbian platform before Blackberry. It appeared on the App Store for iOS at a time and was withdrawn later. I think iOS based devices users should expect it back soon.
Credits: Ijailbreak & CNETIf you don't want to miss anything on Cynamix please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter You can also subscribe to our updates by email or with your favourite browser. This way, you won't miss any updates from cynamix. If you subscribe by email, make sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
Don't keep this to yourself, Share it with your friends with the Buttons below.